|Special Offers for Schools|
Edirisa has a lot of experience preparing special packages for schools from Uganda and abroad. Moreover, taking into account Edirisa's general concept and educational focus, trips for schools are at the top of our priority list.
We have organised activities for students of the International Development Studies department at Dalhousie University (Canada), for Dutch journalism students and for different age groups of Kampala International School. It has always been about cultural exchange, exploring a stunning part of Africa and learning more about Edirisa's unusual developmental approaches. We run nursery schools, work at primary schools and specialise in cultural tourism, therefore our guests gain unprecedented access to local communities.
We can engage you for an hour or a month, any duration is possible. We will prepare a tailor-made program based on your preferences, educational goals and available budgets.
You can ask us for advice or be completely independent and put together some of the activities we offer, in any order of your choice:
• helping teachers at Edirisa's nursery schools
• educational activities at primary schools (preparing workshops)
• trips to secondary schools/universities
• sports matches with local primary/secondary schools
• canoeing/motor boat trips of different lengths
• swimming classes at a special platform in one of the few safe Ugandan lakes (no bilharzia)
• island nature walks with a stress on medicinal plants
• trips to a traditional healers (witchdoctors)
• Kabale Town tour
• performances by Batwa "Pygmies"
• entertainment by local musicians
• learning traditional dances
• making traditional crafts (bracelets, baskets, stools)
• visits to blacksmiths/drum makers
• camping at local families’ homes, eating traditional food and learning about the lifestyle of the Bakiga people
• storytelling at the campfire
• tour around our Bakiga museum that demonstrates the homestead from 100 years ago
• workshops with local artists
• visits to agricultural development centres, non-governmental organisations and ecotourism initiatives
• links with local scouts, media people or any other specialised group
We can offer simple tented/hostel accommodation or book for you at nearby lodges. Cooking for large groups is no challenge for us.
General Overview | Lake Bunyonyi | Gorilla Parks | Tailor-Made | Tom's Homestay | Batwa Today | Bakiga Museum | Family Offers | School Offers | Trip Advice | Accomm. Upgrades | Testimonials
To book a trek or get more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256 75 2558 222.
Photo: Edirisa archives
|01. Nov. 2015|
Congrats and HB!! louis vuitton handbags,Beautiful, Congrats! ,
Those rings are stunning..:),That's so cute louis vuitton outlet,